Every winter enthusiast knows the easiest way to get winter gear to the slopes is by shipping it! But, knowing how to ship a snowboard is crucial to ensuring your snowboard and bindings arrive safely and on-time to your destination. Follow these easy steps and quickly learn how to ship a snowboard with bindings.
How to Ship a Snowboard in 9 Easy Steps
1. Gather the following items to ship your snowboard:
- 1 cardboard box, soft travel bag, or hard case for your snowboard
- 1 roll of packing tape
- Bubble wrap, packing paper, or other padding materials
2. Regardless of the outer packaging, utilize bubble wrap, packing paper, or other protective materials when you ship for safe snowboard transport. Place these materials in the space between the snowboard and the box or travel bag.
3. If you’ve chosen to ship in a box, ensure that all flaps and sides are securely taped. If you ship in a snowboard bag or hard case, be sure to close any outer zippers or pockets.
4. Now, place your order! Schedule your snowboard shipment online or over the phone with a customer support representative available 7 days a week via phone, text, email, or live chat. Ship Skis even allows you to place your order ahead and ship when you’re ready.
5. Print out your shipping label. Print a second copy of your shipping label, too, to be placed inside of your box or snowboard bag when it comes time to ship.
6. If you elect to ship your snowboard and bindings in a box, attach your shipping label using clear packing tape to your box. Should you opt to ship your snowboard and bindings using a soft travel bag or hard case, attach the barcoded shipping label to a flat, plastic surface using clear packing tape. If a hard surface does not exist, please use a corrugated box or luggage tag when you ship.
7. Be sure to exclude all prohibited items from your snowboard bag or box before you ship to ensure everything goes smoothly. And, if you’re shipping internationally, be sure to remove any locks that may be on or in your shipment.
8. It’s time to ship! If you’ve opted for a pickup from your home, have your snowboard and bindings packaged and ready to go from 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. If you’ve selected to drop off instead, visit our Store Locator page to find a drop off location near you.
9. Finally, arrive at your destination bag-free and hit the slopes!
Now that you know how to ship a snowboard and bindings, it’s time to put your skills to the test. Take advantage of Ship Skis pricing, starting as low as $49.99 when shipping domestically. Enjoy free add-ons of complimentary insurance, and on-time delivery guarantee, and access to real-time tracking 24/7. Ship Skis also offers contactless pickups and deliveries to ensure your safety while traveling. Learn more and start shipping your snowboard and bindings today!